Exotic? It is! Tranquil? Yes!! Friendly on the pocket? Sure it is! These top 5 reasons to visit Thailand are why you should visit this amazing country on your next holiday or vacation.
Thailand has all this plus adventure, plus culture, plus food, plus hospitality plus grandeur and more…….. It is no surprise that this country was the most visited country in 2013.
Top 5 reasons to visit Thailand
The number one attraction for most visitors is the pristine Turquoise waters breathtaking cliffs and white beaches. There are numerous laid-back and easily accessible beaches here and accommodation is not difficult to get.
- Sun Rise Beach, Koh Lipe
- Patong Beach, Phuket – attracts Party levellers at night.
- Sairee Beach, Ko Tao island
- Haad Rin, Ko Phagan –Full Moon Party
- Hat Pramong, Sunset Beach on Ko Lipe Bay
Can you believe that there are more than 40000 Buddhist temples in Thailand? Buddha is everywhere …. He is sleeping, meditating, standing; he appears in sizes big and small bestowing peace on the Land of Smiles. Most temples have a Pagoda built in the Ayutthaya style with Gold engraved Buddha statues.
The most amazing temple is the Wat Phra Kaew. Unlike other temples, the Buddha statue here is engraved from Emerald. Even the king of Thailand offers his prayers for the wellbeing and prosperity of his countrymen here.
Other temples with spectacular Pagodas are:
- Towering the Bangkok City Skyline – Wat Arun
- Giant Reclining Buddha, Bangkok – Wat Pho
- White Temple – Wat Roung Kun
- Headquarters of Monastic order in Thailand – Wat Mahatat
- Wat Bowonniwet Vihara
- Houses the five and a half ton Gold Buddha statue – Wat Tarimit
Food of course
Though Thai food is known to be spicy, it has all the five flavours in good balance.
Rice is a staple food here and the favourite variety is Jasmine Rice. Seafood is present at every meal.
Vegetarian food is difficult to find though, as most hotels and homes use a fish paste or shrimp paste as a substitute for salt. Seven Thai dishes have featured in CNN Travel online poll list of “50 most delicious dishes in the world”
Some of the popular dishes are:
- Tom Yum Goong – A shrimp soup
- Pad Thai – Stir-fried noodles
- Som Tam – Green Papaya salad
- Thai Fried Rice – made with meat, egg, garlic and onions
- Green curry – a curry made with green chillies and coconut milk
- Street food consists of Thai rice noodles with a variety of Side curries
- Beverages include Cha Yen – Thai iced tea, tender coconut, Satho – rice wine, Nam Matum – a drink made from Bael tree.
Shopping is one activity everybody, surprising, even men love nowadays. Thai Silk is very popular and of high quality. Coconut products like oil, coconut wood show pieces –wind chimes, statutes etc. and coconut candles are available at economical rates around here.
You can shop for Thai handicrafts like a scarf, Triangle cushions, pottery and lacquer, pretty umbrellas and rice baskets.
Popular Shopping destinations in Thailand are
- Chatuchak weekend market – 8000 stalls of handicrafts, Street food, antiques, ceramics, spices, toiletry and more
- Talad Rot Fai Srinakarin Night Market – Food, antiques, classic cars, bikes, Furniture etc.
- Malls – Pan Tip Plaza, MBK centre, Platinum Fashion Mall – Clothes, Electronics and other branded stuff. Central World is the sixth largest shopping centre in the world.
- Floating markets near Bangkok – Farming produce
- Pratunum Market – the Wholesale market for clothes
You can admire Mother Nature at her best here:
- Udon Thani – admiring millions of full boom pink Lilies in the 600 acre Red Lotus Lake
- Khao Sok National Park and some 147 other national parks – Watch Gibbons, Sun bears, sloths in natural habitat.
- Koh Tao island – Whale sharks
- Island Hopping
- Erwan falls
- Similan Island Archipelago
The hospitality is amazing and accommodation is friendly on your bank balance.
Best time to Visit Thailand
The climate during the months between November and first few weeks of April is most conducive to travelling to and inside this Amazing Asian Kingdom.
AVA Vacations has flexible tour packages to this South East Asian country under different categories
- Family vacation
- vacation with friends
- Tour packages from major cities in India
Fares are inclusive of accommodating sight-seeing, airfare and breakfast. Payments are flexible and our service – top-drawer. So visit Thailand this year and see a new world in Asia.