- To add a new “Article or Post” go to “+ New” in the top bar and click on “Post”. You can also edit or add an “Article or Post” by going to “Go 4 Travel Blog” in the top left hand corner, and clicking on “Dashboard“. This will give you the full menu.
- Title – This should be a maximum of 100 characters in upper and lower case. Should not be “CAPS” throughout.
- Content – Top right hand corner of “Content” section are 2 tabs “Visual” and “Text“. Unless you are proficient in html; please use the “Visual” tab, and add your text here. Ideally we recommend 400-600 words; with a maximum of about 1,000 words. Consider splitting very long blogs or articles (over 1,000 words) into 2 or more shorter posts.
- Links – A maximum of 2 links are allowed to your blog or website. These should “Not” be in the first 2 paragraphs of text.
Before adding images, save the “Post” by clicking “Save Draft” at the top in the RHS menu.
If you are wanting to insert a number of images (optimum size is about 800 pixels width/height) into the text, the easiest way to do this is as follows:-
- Put your cursor where you want the image
- Click on “Add Media” – top left side of the page
- If you have not loaded any images to “Media” (left hand column) then make sure the “Upload Files” tab is highlighted, and click on “Select Files”.
- Then download the image from your work station
As an alternative to this, if you have pre-downloaded images to “Media” (in left hand column), then:-
- Select “Media Library”
- Select the Image you want.
After downloading make sure your image has a “Caption” and “Alternative Text”. If not done previously in the “Media” (left hand column); then this can be done by:
- Selecting the image with your cursor
- Clicking on the “Pen” icon, top left hand corner, and adding text.
Once you have added your images in “Media”, you can add them as a “Gallery“. This is usually at the bottom of the post, but can be inserted anywhere in the post.
- When adding or editing a post, put your cursor where you want the gallery to appear in the “Post“. This is usually at the bottom of the post, if you have just one gallery. If you have more than one gallery, then they can be added after each section in the post.
- With each gallery, the images you want to include can be selected when you add the gallery.
- Click on “Add Media” – top left hand side of the page.
- Click on “Create Gallery” in the left hand column.
- Change “Images” to “Uploaded to this Post” that you’ve just created and want to insert.
- Select the Images you want included in the “Gallery“
- Under “Caption” insert a short description – maximum of 2-3 words – this will appear on the image in the Gallery preview.
- Under “Alt Text” insert a longer description – this will show up if the image is viewed in the “Gallery“.
- Click on “Create a new Gallery“, in the bottom right hand corner.
- Under “Gallery Settings” in top right hand corner, change “Attachment Page” to “Media File“.
- Change “Columns” to the maximum number of images – e.g. if you have 6 images enter the number “6“. If you have more than 9 images, enter a number that is half the total – i.e if 10 images, enter the number “5” etc.
- Then select “Insert Gallery“
Set Featured Image
- In the right hand margin is “Featured Image“. Click on “Set featured image“.
- You can then select any of the images previously loaded as the “Featured Image“. This image will show up as the Image wherever this post shows – including “Home Page” and any “Sub Pages” where the post appears.
If you require further help please email email@example.com