Quick Guide to Adding a New Post
- To add a new “Article or Post” go to “+ New” in the top bar and click on “Post”
- Title – This should be a maximum of 100 characters in upper and lower case. Should not be “CAPS” throughout.
- Content – Top right hand corner of “Content” section are 2 tabs “Visual” and “Text“. Unless you are proficient in html; please use the “Visual” tab, and add your text here. Ideally we recommend 400-600 words; with a maximum of about 1,000 words. Consider splitting very long blogs or articles (over 1,000 words) into 2 or more shorter posts.
- Links – A maximum of 2 links are allowed to your blog or website. These should “Not” be in the first 2 paragraphs of text.
Before adding images, save the “Post” by clicking “Save Draft” at the top in the RHS menu.
Images can be added as follows:
- Put cursor in the text where you want the first image added
- When editing a post click on “Add Media” in top left corner below “Edit Post“
- Click on “Upload Files“, and then on “Select Files“
- Find images on your workstation….ideal size images have a maximum dimension of about 800-900 pixels.
- Select the first image and “Open“
- Add a “Caption“, “Alt Text” and “Description” to the image
- Repeat steps “5 & 6” above, until you have uploaded all the images required for the post
- Then select the image you want to add to the post where your cursor is in “Step 1 Above“
- Put your cursor at the next place you want to include the image in the post
- Click on “Add Media” as in step 2 above
- Select “Media Library“
- Change the small drop box that says “All media items” to “Uploaded to this post“
- Select the next image required, as uploaded in “Step 7 Above“
- For subsequent images in the post, repeat “Steps 1-5 under this section“
- If you have quite a number of images, you can also add these as a “Gallery“
- Put your cursor right after your last text
- Click on “Add Media”
- In the left hand margin select “Create Gallery“.
- Select “Media Library“
- Change the small drop box that says “Images” to “Uploaded to this post“
- Select all the images you want in the Gallery, by clicking on each one in turn.
- Click on “Create a new gallery” in bottom right hand corner
- In top right hand corner change “Attachment Page” to “Media File“
- and change “Columns” to the number of images in the gallery (if more than 9 images select a number that is half the number of images used i.e. if 12 images, select 6 in “Columns” box
- In the bottom right hand corner, click on “Insert Gallery”
Set Featured Image
- In the right hand margin is “Featured Image“. Click on “Set featured image“.
- You can then select any of the images previously loaded as the “Featured Image“. This image will show up as the Image wherever this post shows – including “Home Page” and any “Sub Pages” where the post appears.
If you require further help please email [email protected]