Anaheim, California delivers an amazing concentration of fun packed into one sunny place. This family-friendly city offers the perfect amount of adventure and relaxation to suit every personal taste and preference. Here are some tips to help you get started making Anaheim fun for everyone.
Location, location, location
Because of its central location, Anaheim provides the ideal home base for your Southern California vacation. Here are three of the most popular resorts to make Anaheim fun for everyone:
- Hyatt House Cypress/Anaheim – Location is the biggest selling point of this welcoming hotel situated just steps from the area’s biggest attractions. An idyllic courtyard pool and hot tub provides an ideal way to relax after a long day exploring the region.
- Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel – This Disney-owned and operated property provides a good bang for your buck if you plan on making Disney the primary focus of your trip. The large guest rooms cater to families looking for space to spread out.
- Candy Cane Inn – This local favorite is located within walking distance to the Disneyland Resort. The budget-friendly rooms also come with a complimentary breakfast to fuel up for your day of fun.
- Disneyland Resort – The granddaddy of them all, the Disneyland Resort boasts the classic Disneyland Park as well as the newer California Adventure theme park. The massive Downtown Disney complex features a host of varied dining and shopping opportunities. This is classic Anaheim fun for everyone.
- Knott’s Berry Farm – For a more old-fashioned adventure, head over to Knott’s Berry Farm. Offering up a bevy of thrilling rides for adrenaline seekers plus a host of family rides, this charming park is worth at least one day of your time. Don’t forget to sample their world-famous fried chicken on your way out!
- Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament – This dinner theater is the perfect way to wind down your day in Anaheim. Not only will you be treated to delicious food, but you will also travel back in time to witness a compelling story straight out of Arthurian legend.
- Roscoe’s Chicken and Waffles – This iconic institution is the original home of the fried chicken and waffle combination. As the original, it is no surprise that Roscoe’s does it best. Roscoe’s also offers delicious mac and cheese, greens and more. The extensive menu is sure to please any taste and make Anaheim fun for everyone.
- The Pizza Press – If you are looking for a fast and value-driven meal, look no further than this classic pizza joint. Guests are invited to create their own pizza masterpiece that is cooked to perfection using a unique pizza press. The retro restaurant also features healthy salads and a vast selection of local microbrews on tap.
- Goofy’s Kitchen – The children in your travel party will delight in the antics and atmosphere of Goofy’s Kitchen, conveniently located in the Disneyland Hotel. This all-you-can-eat buffet serves up myriad breakfast and dinner specialties. The best part about this experience is the constant rotation of some of Disney’s most loved characters, including Goofy, Pluto, Minnie Mouse, and the main man himself, Mickey Mouse.