Dubai, originally an oil country and a city built on sand, has thrived above the sea in the southeast Asia. This is a kingdom where old world charm meets new world technology. Today’s Dubai is iconic for its architecture, skyscrapers, and high-end lifestyle. For people who are not used to the sultry heat of desert, you will have no problem finding loads of indoor activities in Dubai to enjoy in nicely air conditioned places. Here are some Dubai attractions you should definitely consider to put on top of your itinerary.
Top 3 Dubai Attractions
Riverland Dubai – 4 Amazing Worlds In 1
Imagine seeing a medieval French town, journeying through magical India, gazing at 19th century architecture and experiencing the thrill of 1050s Americas all in one day.
Could that be possible? Yes, at Riverland Dubai it is!
This brand new theme park, part of the expansive and thrilling Dubai Parks and Resorts entertainment experience, takes visitors through four amazingly different zones.
- The French Village boasts a water wheel, street performances, outdoor French dining and a myriad alleyways to explore
- India Gate welcomes visitors with Bollywood musicians and acrobats, Mumbai street food and dance performances
- The Peninsula, surrounded by Dubai’s only man-made river, has a great piazza that connects Riverland™ Dubai via old-fashioned bridges with a host of restaurants, shops and bars
- The Boardwalk is a great place for kids to enjoy jugglers, live entertainment and glam neon signage that will remind them of 50s America.
You should definitely put Riverland on the top of your Dubai attractions list!
The Largest Man-made Island In The World
The Palm Jumeirah artificial island is one of those absolutely jaw-dropping Dubai attractions that you’ll never forget.
Set in the calm emerald waters of the Arabian Gulf, seen from above the archipelago looks like a stylised palm tree, its 16 fronds fanning out into the ocean, protected by a crescent that acts as a breakwater.
On the crescent you’ll find luxury resorts, the trunk is where you’ll find most of the mid-rise apartments, while the fronds are home to thousands of villas, townhouses and lots.
Head down to one of the resorts and laze in the sun, enjoy happy hour at one of the many bars, or enjoy a world-class meal at any of the signature resorts, such as One & Only, Fairmont The Palm or Kempinski Hotel & Residences.
A Mall Like No Other
Dubai Mall, the biggest in the world by total area, is so much more than just a shopping mall. It’s more like a world within a mall, with so many fun things to do, you may never want to leave in this one of the most amazing Dubai attractions.
- Dubai Ice Rink is where you can learn to ice skate, practice your twirls or join disco sessions
- Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo boasts an amazing tunnel from where you can see marine life in all its forms
- The Dubai Fountain is where you’ll see a spectacular water and light show, set to music
- KidZania is a fun educational zone where kids can explore in a safe environment
- Take a trip to the top of Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest building with its 360-degree views
- The Emirates A380 Experience lets guests experience flying a passenger airliner
- The Rainforest Café is part adventure, part restaurant set within a man-made tropical rainforest, complete with waterfalls, ‘live animals’ and lots of vegetation