Many people think of Europe as the world’s hub of culture and art, and they’re absolutely right to do so. However, it also boasts some the world’s most spectacular landscapes. If you’re into nature and hiking, you’ll surely want to visit the following national parks in Europe.
12 Gorgeous National Parks in Europe for Nature Exploration
They’re among the best places on the continent for outdoor adventures; home to gorgeous landscapes and—it wouldn’t be Europe without it—often a good chunk of culture or history as well. Also, it’s worth mentioning that nearly all national parks in Europe are super-accessible. The only exceptions to this rule would be some of the parks in northern Scandinavia; but even those can be reached fairly easily by car.
Unlike many other blog posts here on Go 4 Travel Blog, this one doesn’t contain a whole lot of text. Instead, it’s all about the pictures!
1. Rock Formations: Saxon Switzerland National Park, Germany
More information: Saxon Switzerland
2. Peaks: Belluno Dolomites National Park, Italy
More information: Belluno Dolomites
3. Waterfalls: Plitvice Lakes National Park, Croatia
More information: Plitvice Lakes
4. Mountains: Picos de Europa National Park, Spain
More information: Picos de Europa
5. Lakes: Lake District National Park, England
More information: Lake District
6. Geology: Thingvellir National Park, Iceland
More information: Thingvellir
7. Meadows and Bogs: Connemara National Park, Ireland
More information: Connemara
8. Forests: Black Forest National Park, Germany
More information: Black Forest
9. Coast: Cinque Terre National Park, Italy
More information: Cinque Terre
10. Wildlife: Hiidenportti National Park, Finland
More information: Hiiddenportti
11. Glaciers: Vatnajokull National Park, Iceland
More information: Vatnajokull
12. Rock Sites: Goreme National Park, Turkey
More information: Goreme
A final word: these national parks in Europe are some of the absolute greatest on the continent; if not on the planet. There are, however, so many more that are worth visiting as well, so get out and explore. Let this photo-based list be an inspiration for your travels in 2018!